Sunday 2 October 2011

Rear brake done....

Two Thursdays ago I picked up my disc and brake carrier parts from Griff's. Last Thursday I got them down to the shed.

First thing to do was unwrap them.


Then a little time spent on the lathe to machine off the markings from some M8 countersunk bolts followed by a bit of a polish and I had the caliper hanger assembled ready to go on the bike.


While I was in the shed I stuck the front caliper on the fork leg (mainly so it didn't get lost/damaged)


Need to get some mounting bolts, probably wait until the Stafford show in a couple of weeks. In the mean time I've booked tomorrow off work to work on the bike. I'm hoping to have a roller by the end of the day (along with a big shopping list for Stafford).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers