Sunday 5 February 2012

Head and Barrels off.

Stuart came around today and we stripped the head and barrels off the engine.

I took a few pictures along the way.

Rocker boxes off.


Note for reassembly, red seals go on top of pushrod tube.


Pistons on standard bore.


Another note for reassembly, to remind me which way round the barrels go (squared off corner to front of engine).

Rocker boxes, one on the right has been  through the parts washer, one on left is about to go through.


Before I left for the night I wrapped the engine in cling film to make sure nothing nasty gets in.


Followed by a bin-liner, can't be too careful.


Degreased rocker boxes and head were dried off and sprayed with WD40 to protect against rust. Got a few jobs to do now mostly inspecting and fixing anything that needs fixing. I'm also going to try and remove the broken off hammer rivets using a hot solution of alum. Apparently this will corrode the ferrous metal of the rivets but leave the aluminium untouched.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting eagerly on the results of the Alum Chas, sounds like alchemy!
    Nice rebuild sequence coming up.....I feels it in me water.

    ReplyDelete

Followers