Monday 5 April 2010

Well I spent some time working on the TriBSA, I had intended finishing the bike lift but I run out of gas for my welder and didn't fancy hunting for some more on a bank holiday.

As I knew I needed to take the passenger footrests off the bike I got the air tools out.

Here it is before I got busy with the tools.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Past the point of no return.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Hmm the other side needs a bit more grinding (lug is for a sidecar)
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


But it gave up without too much of a struggle
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I reckon even if I hadn't had to remove the passenger footrests to fit the 'arm it would have been worth doing as it cleans up the back end of the bike.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I still wasn't sure if the swingarm would clear the frame. What I needed was a way to hold it in place. Now normally I'd use my lathe but I still haven't sorted out a power supply for it so a quick visit to screwfix got me a couple of holesaws and 10 mins in the drill I had a couple of spacers.... made of wood. A bit of tape made them a good fit in the swing arm.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Finally a bit of 20mm plastic conduit completed the mockup.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers