Sunday, 10 October 2010

Started the day with a session wetsanding, nearly followed this up with another coat of red then I realised that I didn't need to spray the whole tank and seat unit and what I needed was a touch up gun. A trip to Machine Mart later and I had this

I flatted everything back with 1200grit wet and dry masked off a 4inch central stripe on the seat and tank and with my new gun shot some black paint

This time I didn't leave the paint to dry that long (about 15-20 minutes) and by pulling the tape back on itself I got lovely sharp lines

What wasn't so lovely was the thumbprint I put in the fresh paint at the front of the tank.... doh.

Still not sure about the stripe, I still think something is missing, just not sure what it is. I've got some  silver 6mm vinyl tape that I might use for the transition between the red and black. I've been on ebay this evening and ordered some white tape and some TriBSA stickers so I'll be experimenting at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment