Sunday 16 January 2011

Back From the Powder Coaters.

On Friday I went down to Brizzle to collect my stuff from Griff's. As always seems to be the way it's good news and bad news.

The good news is the seat subframe and swinging arm look fab.


I wasn't sure about the satin finish on the swinging arm but I reckon it contrasts with the polished alloy adjusters really well.


The frame wasn't such good news.


Griff's had warned me that the frame was pitted (which is why I chose satin rather than gloss black) but I didn't realise how bad it was.


I now remember why I spent a week and several finger tips moulding the frame back in the 90's.

I'm currently weighing up my options and I think I'll either live with it and leave it as it is or use the powder coat as a sound base and fill the pits before spraying with cellulose satin black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers