Sunday, 20 March 2011

Shed time.

I made a point of getting out to the Mushroom Shed yesterday. The plan was to get out straight after lunch. Life got in the way and I didn't get there until 4.

As I'm still skint from having my van nicked I needed to concentrate on jobs that I could do without spending any money, I'm also trying to get the bike into a finished rolling chassis so I can at least move it about the workshop. With this in mind I decided to concentrate on the fork yokes. I really need to decide what I'm going to do about a headlight as once I get some cash together I want to send the yokes off for powder coating and I'll need to have done any necessary drilling by then.

I have been thinking of running a number board without a headlight, I also dug out a bottom mount bates light I have lying about but I'm not sure about either option so I turned my attention to the light unit I bought at Stafford. My intention is to run this light behind a number board (either a quickly detachable one or one with mesh over the light). So it needs to be as thin as possible. When I stripped it down I realised there was potential to reduce the thickness quite a bit. So I introduced to to the bandsaw.

Followed by a session with files and the air file....

Before making a start on some mounting bracketry.

I feel I've got some momentum going again and plan to do some more work in the shed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment