Wednesday 11 January 2012

Found something I can do while I heal.

The patent plate on my timing cover is scratched and I want to replace it. I've fancied making my own design up for a while now but never got round to it because there are more important functional things to be getting on with. However seeing as I am bored at home recovering from an operation and this is something I can do from the sofa I decided to give it a go.

I scanned a replacement badge I bought a while ago...

.... and then spent a few hours re-learning how to use the GIMP to produce a modified version


Flipping and inverting the colours gave me


And now I've printed it out in preparation for photocopying onto 'press and peel' to act as a resist for etching.


Next step is to find somewhere with a photo-copier/laser printer.

1 comment:

  1. nice Chas! remember to limit the amount of "waste" material exposed between the badges as it uses the etching solution up and takes longer...

    ReplyDelete

Followers