Sunday, 30 September 2012

Psychological boost

For the first time in ages I managed to get a whole day in the workshop. Main things I got done were mounting the number board and making a rear brake master cylinder bracket out of stainless to replace the flimsy alloy one I knocked for mockup.

I'm quite pleased with how this came out, I was thinking of getting this and the head steady laser cut but it looks like cutting discs, files and holesaws are the way forward.

I've been mentally umm-ing and ahh-ing about the numberboard for far too long. In the end I decided to just mount it on some spacers to give clearance for the headlight. If I ever need a headlight all I need to do is undo a couple of m8 bolts.

With these two jobs out of the way I put the bodywork on, partly because I need to plan the head steady mounting but mostly for the psychological boost of seeing it actually looking like a bike.

Another thing I did was put the gearbox cover together. I'm pleased with how the black and ploished parts have worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment