Sunday, 25 November 2012

Belt Drive arrived.

Bob was good to his word and the belt drive arrived last Friday.

It's lovely.

Last Sunday I started to fit the belt drive. Unfortunately this is as far as I got as I've lost the key that secures the clutch on the mainshaft. I ordered a new one from Draganflay after googling for the part number. While I was web shopping I ordered a tee fitting for the oil tank from Walker Hydraulics.

I've also been doing (yet) more work on the patent plate. I decided that that brass and black didn't go with the rest of the engine where I've tended to use black and polished ally/stainless so I stripped the paint off and nickel plated it.

Then I repainted it with several coats of rattle can acrylic. Today I used some 1200 grit wet and dry to remove the paint from the high spots. I'me quite pleased with how it's turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment