Sunday, 12 September 2010

Different Red.

I picked up a darker red on Friday and repainted the tank.

I'm a lot happier with this red.

I left it overnight, flatted it with 1200 grit and masked it off.

sprayed a few coats of black...

and after waiting about an hour removed the masking tape.

Not too sure about how things turned out. Got quite a few ragged lines when I removed the tape, as the paint didn't want to tear. I think this may be down to my tape removing technique, or due to too many coats of black. I used four coats on reflection I would have been better off using two.

I left the tank like that because the paint is still pretty soft. I'll see if I can make things better tomorrow evening. Worst I can do is cock things up entirely. If that happens I canalways rub back and start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment