Monday 21 May 2012

Timing cover badge and stuff.

Quite pleased with how the timing cover badge has worked out so far.

However I've had to repaint it because I scratched the paint drilling the rivet holes.

Sorting out the oil tank strap has been on my todo list for way too long. I've thought of all sorts of overly complex ways of doing it but in the end just went for bending the ends of the strap, drilling a hole in the tab this created and grinding some clearance for the brackets that are in the way.



The other job I got done was touching up the black paint at the front of the tank, to do this I mixed thinner with the paint at a more or less random ratio and applied with a brush. Seams to have done the trick. Still needs flatting back though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers